Lakeland Landsharks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tips for the nearly blind

4 posters

Go down

Tips for the nearly blind Empty Tips for the nearly blind

Post  Heartbomb08 Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:29 pm

I wear contacts. Does anyone else? The thought of glasses does not appeal to me but my vision is really bad so not being able to see clearly would be frustrating during the bike/run portion. Anyone have any ideas or experience. I'm thinking of just taking a chance and wearing my lenses during the swim and hope they don't come out or water doesn't get into my goggles.

Toe Jam has already suggested lasik. Maybe one day!!! But for now any thoughts?
Heartbomb08
Heartbomb08

Back to top Go down

Tips for the nearly blind Empty Re: Tips for the nearly blind

Post  rundmd Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:48 pm

I wore contacts for 3 years until I got surgery...i wore a mask type of goggle by aquamask they dont come off once suction onto your face it worked well and i never had a problem. the only thing that stinks is it will burn your eyes a bit from sweat on the run.
rundmd
rundmd

Back to top Go down

Post  monkey Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:07 pm

have you thought about getting prescription sunglasses? Also I know you can get dive masks with corrective lenses, I'm not sure if you can with goggles, but it would be worth looking into. I have also heard that at many tri's they have a glasses table for after the swim. If you did go the route of glasses, you should look into to this with the race director of your tris you enter.
monkey
monkey
Sprint

Back to top Go down

Post  tricoach Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:59 pm

I wear contacts,and have had a problem with goggle leakage in the past. I tried a pair of Aquasphere Kaiman (Caiman?) goggles and haven't had a problem since.

tricoach

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum