Lakeland Landsharks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Funky socks

4 posters

Go down

Funky socks Empty Funky socks

Post  TriGuy Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:22 am

Ok, so I bought a pair of those socks with the toes from Rich's store. Me, the guy that can't stand flip-flops because of the thing between the big toe and the second toe (which is actually longer). So I put them on, having to fit each little piggy into the right place. My feet feel twice as wide now and I know they will never fit into the shoes. Wonder of wonders, they do fit yet still feel weird. This will NEVER work for a tri however, T1 transition time will be five-dupled at a minimum! Did a morning run in the neighborhood and at the end of 4 miles they felt OK. Must try them out in a longer run though to see what happens. They just might solve the problem of one toenail cutting the other toe on long runs and yeah I DO clip them.
TriGuy
TriGuy

Back to top Go down

Funky socks Empty Re: Funky socks

Post  Snooze Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:07 pm

I know of a good bit of ultramarathoners that swear by them, but whenever I see them, I can't help but think of them being rainbow colored, like kids gloves. And that's a total turnoff.

Snooze

Back to top Go down

Post  Toe jam on crusty feet Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:36 am

after today's blister, I may consider trying them!! I have a blister that runs the length of my big toe BETWEEN my toes!!!! affraid
Toe jam on crusty feet
Toe jam on crusty feet

Back to top Go down

Post  alexaqui Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:51 pm

A buddy of mine that competes in adventure races including the Primal Quest. Uses duct tape. Its better to use it before one develops or when you first notice symptoms. If a blister is active cover the blister with gauze then wrap it with duct tape. It keeps friction at a minimum.

I've used it myself with heels and arches and it worked great.

Toes may be a little tougher to apply though.

alexaqui

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum