Lakeland Landsharks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dec 28th ride-- San Antonio

+5
rundmd
REALLY2
Chopper Reid
monkey
Toe jam on crusty feet
9 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Dec 28th ride-- San Antonio - Page 2 Empty Re: Dec 28th ride-- San Antonio

Post  Toe jam on crusty feet Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:42 am

That's Hot! Wink
Toe jam on crusty feet
Toe jam on crusty feet

Back to top Go down

Post  rundmd Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:20 am

kparker wrote:
Brian wrote:I do not know but will do it if KP and really2 do it.

I am doing the San An ride starting the 28th -- we leave at 8:10 or 8:15 from the park in San An. Great ride, big group, and very hard! We're riding from the Lake this Sunday if anyone would like to join. Be warned though that it is a Tempo type ride - usually won't go under 23. Come out and join us, I'll pull Twisted Evil

kp

The Sunday San An ride is hard if you go out with the kp's there are different groups.
rundmd
rundmd

Back to top Go down

Post  Toe jam on crusty feet Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:51 pm

I'm no dummy. We are riding with our little group and a friend from there..... how was your long run yesterday, Dawn?
Toe jam on crusty feet
Toe jam on crusty feet

Back to top Go down

Post  rundmd Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:03 pm

no the one group is slower i rode 2x out there last year with a friend. long run was a no go, been sick in bed Sad managed 5 today and i almost died. gonna shoot for tues evening - 20. how was the race, getting ready to look up your results now.
rundmd
rundmd

Back to top Go down

Post  Toe jam on crusty feet Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:47 am

I was a pace group leader so looking up my results will only tell you if I did a good job pacing or not Wink It was Mom's first marathon and I paced her group.
Toe jam on crusty feet
Toe jam on crusty feet

Back to top Go down

Post  Brian Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:03 pm

Toe jam on crusty feet wrote:I was a pace group leader so looking up my results will only tell you if I did a good job pacing or not Wink It was Mom's first marathon and I paced her group.
you dropped the people you were pacing. i remember - several minutes after you finished you pointed them out to me on the track.
Brian
Brian

Back to top Go down

Post  rundmd Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:04 pm

thats right! How did your mom do? did she like it? do you think she will do another one?
rundmd
rundmd

Back to top Go down

Post  Toe jam on crusty feet Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:56 pm

Mom placed 3rd in her age group with a time of 4:51:xx Very Happy

Lonni (however you spell it) KILLED the marathon in like 3:16:xx

and Brian (the one in here) did 1:33:xx in the half!

Tom Day ran 4:12:xx I think in the full

and Rebecca Marsh just barely beat Lonni but she was in a different age group anyways so.....

Lakeland showed up!
Toe jam on crusty feet
Toe jam on crusty feet

Back to top Go down

Post  rundmd Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:32 pm

damn thats awesome! Loni is stupid fast, i will bet money that she qualifies for Hawaii at Ironman in August. She is fast on the bike too
rundmd
rundmd

Back to top Go down

Post  monkey Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:11 pm

Toe jam on crusty feet wrote:Mom placed 3rd in her age group with a time of 4:51:xx Very Happy

Wow, congrats to your mom. Looks like I need you to pace my races:)
monkey
monkey
Sprint

Back to top Go down

Post  Toe jam on crusty feet Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:03 pm

Brian wrote:
Toe jam on crusty feet wrote:I was a pace group leader so looking up my results will only tell you if I did a good job pacing or not Wink It was Mom's first marathon and I paced her group.
you dropped the people you were pacing. i remember - several minutes after you finished you pointed them out to me on the track.

Troublemaker!!! I did a steady pace and sent some of them on their way by mile 20 and left some behind. In the end, I looked like a big goob with a giant balloon tied to her finishing the race Very Happy

Mom will definitely do another one!

San Antoni Ride: So, back on topic, we will meet at Fitnich at 7:00am this Sunday and carpool over there. Wheels down at 9:00am if you go solo. We are meeting at the ball park right near San Ann Cyclery (google it, and then look at the maps page and the ball field is the square on the map). The plan is 30 miles with an option for ten more if we still feel good after and it will not be a hammerfest..... even slow, a marathon still freaking hurts and several of us will still be in recovery mode and trying to be smart athletes. PM me if you have more questions or call 863.944.2740 or email becwro1@gmail.com
Toe jam on crusty feet
Toe jam on crusty feet

Back to top Go down

Post  rundmd Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:42 pm

im going at 8a with the group if anyone wants to go
rundmd
rundmd

Back to top Go down

Post  REALLY2 Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:10 pm

Toe jam on crusty feet wrote:I'm no dummy. We are riding with our little group and a friend from there..... how was your long run yesterday, Dawn?

Please she is a slacker. Stayed out late drinking and watching the Cowboys game. Sick really going with that?

REALLY2

Back to top Go down

Post  rundmd Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:19 pm

REALLY2 wrote:
Toe jam on crusty feet wrote:I'm no dummy. We are riding with our little group and a friend from there..... how was your long run yesterday, Dawn?

Please she is a slacker. Stayed out late drinking and watching the Cowboys game. Sick really going with that?

if you are gonna make stuff up at least have me out drinking, watching a real team
rundmd
rundmd

Back to top Go down

Post  REALLY2 Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:35 pm

Dawn is right the first group at San An leaves at 8am and is slower. They go nice on the flats but ease on the hills. Good group to ride with most should be able to stay with the group. Dawn I will bring you a map. cheers

REALLY2

Back to top Go down

Post  monkey Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:24 am

Toe jam on crusty feet wrote: a marathon still freaking hurts and several of us will still be in recovery mode

Lightweight clown

I'm in. Is this a tri-bike friendly ride or road bike ride?
monkey
monkey
Sprint

Back to top Go down

Post  Toe jam on crusty feet Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:54 pm

it's just us so bring whatever bike you want. We aren't riding with any of the groups...... those people still scare me.
Toe jam on crusty feet
Toe jam on crusty feet

Back to top Go down

Post  rundmd Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:14 pm

seriously? Come on! Nobody wants to even try the group ride? At least if we get dropped i will have an idea of where we are and can lead us back! You don't get stronger if you don't push yourself
rundmd
rundmd

Back to top Go down

Post  Brian Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:22 am

really kp wrote:
kparker wrote:

I am doing the San An ride starting the 28th -- we leave at 8:10 or 8:15 from the park in San An. Great ride, big group, and very hard! We're riding from the Lake this Sunday if anyone would like to join. Be warned though that it is a Tempo type ride - usually won't go under 23. Come out and join us, I'll pull Twisted Evil

kp

The Sunday San An ride is hard if you go out with the kp's there are different groups.
I am confused. Are you advocating riding with KP and really2 now? In all seriousness, what is the plan Sunday? I do not want to be the only one waiting at Fitniche Sunday when everyone else decided to ride Van Fleet instead last minute.
Brian
Brian

Back to top Go down

Post  monkey Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:58 am

I'm planning on being at Fit Niche, along with Becca and Brian and some other Y-triers
monkey
monkey
Sprint

Back to top Go down

Post  rundmd Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:49 am

Brian wrote:
really kp wrote:
kparker wrote:

kp

I am confused. Are you advocating riding with KP and really2 now? In all seriousness, what is the plan Sunday? I do not want to be the only one waiting at Fitniche Sunday when everyone else decided to ride Van Fleet instead last minute.

I would never advocate riding wtih KP and Kurt but you are for some reason you like the abuse Twisted Evil
They are my friends and we are just messing with each other 99% of the time. Anway, i will hopefully see you guys out there if you want to ride with the early group give me a call and we can meet out there if not you kids have fun
rundmd
rundmd

Back to top Go down

Post  Heartbomb08 Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:31 am

I'll be at fitniche Sunday at 7am
Heartbomb08
Heartbomb08

Back to top Go down

Post  chris25n Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:07 pm

in the group that goes out at 8am from San Antonio what is the pace and mileage???? I rather start earlier so i might go with this group....
chris25n
chris25n

Back to top Go down

Post  chris25n Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:28 pm

Really JP - like i posted a few mintues ago, i want to leave around 8am so i am done by 9:30-10am, can you tell me the pace, length, and meeting place???

Thanks
Chris
chris25n
chris25n

Back to top Go down

Post  Toe jam on crusty feet Thu Dec 25, 2008 10:19 am

we are whells down at 9:00am but if you meet u at fitniche at 7:00am, in reality we will be early because that gives us a lot of time to get there and get moving.

Brian- you are welcome to come with us, but this will not be a hammerfest as NONE of us have been there before and we only have one guide. So, this time we are just learning the course. Next time, we will push much harder. I imagine we will maintain between 18-20 mph tops.

Dawn- I agree that you push by riding with others but sometimes, you know your limitations and it is smarter not to get lost out in the streets of some strange town Smile PLus, I know I am not strong on the hills as it is Sad

7 am at FITNICHE is a go and there are 6 of us for sure that speak outside of this forum that I know will be there. Plus the two we are meeting in San Ann
Toe jam on crusty feet
Toe jam on crusty feet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next