Lakeland Landsharks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IRONMAN FLORIDA

+2
rundmd
GATORSAXGIRL
6 posters

Go down

IRONMAN FLORIDA Empty IRONMAN FLORIDA

Post  GATORSAXGIRL Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:07 pm

It rocked the house! Swim was crazy and awesome. The most fun I've ever had during a race swim. There is nothing like jumping into the gulf of Mexico with 2500 of your closest friends all fighting for free water. Good times!!

The bike was good. Headwind for at least 70 of the total miles, and crappy roads that launched everyone's bottles. The volunteers were awesome everywhere though.

The run was good until the sun went down, then it became a pure mental game. The 13.1 out/back is good for seeing friends also racing, but going through the neighborhoods and the park at night makes you feel tired. Coming back into the lights of the city and hearing Mike Riley's voice snaps you out of the funk and drives you to pick up the pace and finish it up.

All in all, it was an awesome experience. I am an Ironman and it feels damn good! I trained hard and it paid off. It's amazing how it just all comes together on race day.

Good times, baby, good times!!
GATORSAXGIRL
GATORSAXGIRL

Back to top Go down

IRONMAN FLORIDA Empty Re: IRONMAN FLORIDA

Post  rundmd Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:37 pm

That is awesome! I am so glad you had a great time thats what it all comes down to...and dont you love the Camaraderie? I think coming home after an Ironman really is the hardest part because you are so comfortable among other athletes of that distance because everybody goes through so much to get there. I wish i could start a little ironman commune...were we can grow our own powerbars - haha.

Congratulations YOU ARE AN IRONMAN
rundmd
rundmd

Back to top Go down

Post  monkey Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:02 am

Wow, congratulations! You completed an amazing task. You should be proud. I think I would wear my medal every day for the full next year after I earn it.
monkey
monkey
Sprint

Back to top Go down

Post  Chopper Reid Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:47 am

Awesome! Congratulations. Can't say I've ever had FUN during a swim though. Go get that Ironman tattoo now.
Chopper Reid
Chopper Reid

Back to top Go down

Post  Toe jam on crusty feet Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:02 am

hey!! we were there working the finish line! It was sooooo cool Smile Around what time did you finish? Maybe we helped you!!!

Congratulations!!
Toe jam on crusty feet
Toe jam on crusty feet

Back to top Go down

IRONMAN FLORIDA Empty Congrats!

Post  TriGuy Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:46 pm

Woo Hoo, nice job! Congratulations on becoming IRON!! It's good to hear the training worked, the brain worked and the equipment worked. Hope I can say the same thing after this coming Sunday in Phoenix. Have to agree with Float, swim = fun??

Sooooooo, what's next?
TriGuy
TriGuy

Back to top Go down

Post  GATORSAXGIRL Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:12 pm

I finished in 14:50:15.

The swim is usually my most dreaded of all, but this one was a blast! So many people it was comical!! I got punched in the cheek and the guy who hit me grabbed me by the shoulders to make sure I was ok. I thought I was, but then he commented, "I hit you REALLY hard"! No shit! As my face throbs!! LOL!! He felt so bad he swam next to me the rest of the way and helped me through the sand also!! Nice guy, but totally an accident. It's all good!!

What's next?? Marathons for awhile. Trying to do the 50 state club. Maybe some sprints, olympics and HIM this year for a break from running.
GATORSAXGIRL
GATORSAXGIRL

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down