Lakeland Landsharks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sand Key sprint or Long Leaf Olympic?

+6
Snooze
Heartbomb08
rundmd
Chopper Reid
monkey
mbbrad4d
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Sand Key sprint or Long Leaf Olympic? - Page 2 Empty Re: Sand Key sprint or Long Leaf Olympic?

Post  monkey Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:17 am

Running feels awful after the run to me. It takes nearly a mile for me to recover from the bike and find a rhythm. What has helped me, is to switch to a higher rpm leg turn over. Shorter stride, but quicker. But it still feels awful. My swimming and cycling is much stronger than my run and I have found that a run/walk did well for me also while I was still building my running endurance.
monkey
monkey
Sprint

Back to top Go down

Sand Key sprint or Long Leaf Olympic? - Page 2 Empty Re: Sand Key sprint or Long Leaf Olympic?

Post  Toe jam on crusty feet Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:57 pm

BB wrote:New to triathlon, but not to swimming and biking. Complete newbie to running and that is my main holdup. I'll have to see how a 5k race feels after the swim and bike. If it feels OK, I would think the sprint would be a good primer for the olympic. Any thoughts.

Definitely do a sprint before an Olympic! Check out some of the other areas of the forum and you can find more answers.... maybe the KNowledge bowl would be a good place to pose questions or read some threads about different stuff!
Toe jam on crusty feet
Toe jam on crusty feet

Back to top Go down

Post  Heartbomb08 Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:55 pm

I'm new as well BB, but I'm not ready for the longer distances. My first event is this weekend at Sand Key Park, and I'll probably have to walk the run potion because of injury. I know for sure I'm not ready for olympic distance, even if healthy. My plan is to stay with the sprint distances and try to do an oly early in 2010. I guess I want to build up to the longer distances slowly...
Heartbomb08
Heartbomb08

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2