Lakeland Landsharks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

anyone riding/running/swimming Thursday, August 7th?

+2
Chopper Reid
sports4fun
6 posters

Go down

anyone riding/running/swimming Thursday, August 7th? Empty anyone riding/running/swimming Thursday, August 7th?

Post  sports4fun Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:29 pm

weather permitting, when will folks be running, biking or swimming tomorrow? I missed swimming this evening at the Y Crying or Very sad ...silly job, getting in the way of my training -

sports4fun

Back to top Go down

anyone riding/running/swimming Thursday, August 7th? Empty Re: anyone riding/running/swimming Thursday, August 7th?

Post  Chopper Reid Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:11 pm

I'm looking to ride. Wasn't sure if the Thursday night Ft. Frasier ride was happening this week or not.
Chopper Reid
Chopper Reid

Back to top Go down

anyone riding/running/swimming Thursday, August 7th? Empty Re: anyone riding/running/swimming Thursday, August 7th?

Post  sports4fun Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:41 pm

as long as the weather permits, I'm up for that...

sports4fun

Back to top Go down

Post  monkey Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:49 am

Part of the y group always meets Thursdays for a ride/run. Run optional. They meet at 6 or 6:15pm. I am planning on running with the hill people @ 6 around the lake followed by a swim @ the y if anyone is interested.
monkey
monkey
Sprint

Back to top Go down

Post  Heartbomb08 Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:02 am

Some of us are meeting at Ft. Frazier at 6:00 for 2X the trail. Weather permitting!!!
Heartbomb08
Heartbomb08

Back to top Go down

Post  Toe jam on crusty feet Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:16 am

i know that if the weather is good the YTri group is meeting at 6:00pm... I believe that at least 4 of them are meeting at the PCC trailhead. Snooze and I have already shipped our bikes for the race next weekend, so we will be absent Sad
Toe jam on crusty feet
Toe jam on crusty feet

Back to top Go down

Post  sports4fun Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:46 am

Thanks, everyone! I did a very warm 2 laps around LH this a.m., so I will plan on riding at 6p at the trail as long as no rain. I have a question: If you've joined the Y Tri group but don't belong to the Y, are you allowed to swim anytime the Y is open, or just certain times?

sports4fun

Back to top Go down

Post  Snooze Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:52 am

For $15, you can join the YTri group if you are not a member. This basically gets you in during "YTri" times. On the schedule, this is at 7:30 every weds, and then a couple times a month on a Sunday. You'll have to ask Toe Jam (the YTri coach) more about when she has swims scheduled. So it's not really a free for all on the swims, but it is some. And also, we do other things during the week for biking and running.

Snooze

Back to top Go down

Post  Toe jam on crusty feet Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:52 am

we have also been swimming on Friday mornings at 5:00am and some Monday mornings at 5:00 am.......
Toe jam on crusty feet
Toe jam on crusty feet

Back to top Go down

Post  Toe jam on crusty feet Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:56 am

also, I send out weekly workouts to the YTri members and help them to tweak those workouts individually and I will meet with members individually if they are struggling with injuries or training issues.

Wed- is always a big swim
Thurs- is always a ride or ride/run at Fort Frasier
Fri-is usually a 5:00am swim
Sun- we either meet the Landsharks to ride or we do a focus workshop at the Y..... these just help me to push the athletes are areas they are struggling with and make them do something different than they normally do, or practice transitions, etc
Toe jam on crusty feet
Toe jam on crusty feet

Back to top Go down

Post  sports4fun Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:01 pm

Thank you! That's what I was looking for. I signed up last week for August for the Y tri group, now if I can just make it to the actual work-outs...

sports4fun

Back to top Go down

Post  Toe jam on crusty feet Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:04 pm

sports4fun wrote:Thank you! That's what I was looking for. I signed up last week for August for the Y tri group, now if I can just make it to the actual work-outs...
shoot me an email at Becwro1@gmail.com and I will loop you into this week's email with the workouts and such....
Toe jam on crusty feet
Toe jam on crusty feet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down