Sunday Bike Rides

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Sunday Bike Rides

Post  Brian Jones on Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:06 pm

This Sunday, October 26th, several of us will be meeting at 7:15am to leave out at 7:30 for a 30 mile (+/-) ride. We should be done and back by 9:30 at the latest in case you have somewhere to go. This will be a triathlon-bike friendly ride and we will try to keep it around 18mph or so, a nice easy pace and try to make it no-drop within reason.

Meet at and return to the Southgate Shopping Center in Lakeland. See you there. Call me at 863-712-1505 (Cell) if you have any questions.

Brian Jones
Brian Jones

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunday Bike Rides

Post  monkey on Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:33 pm

Is this ride going to be the Buddy Freddy ride? Just wondering, if it is we could post the route for slower people if they want to attend.
monkey
Sprint

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Toe jam on crusty feet on Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:18 am

This is Great Brian!! Thanks! I am out of town the next 2 Sundays but if you guys are going to keep doing this, I could definitely be game for it!!!
Toe jam on crusty feet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

sunday southgate

Post  chris25n on Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:47 pm

i will see about making this, i do the ride on Saturday from Southgate and go with the second or third group once we split at the overpass. We average around 18-19 for the 30 miles so it is a lot like this ride you are talking about. I will see if i can make it or not, but it would be nice to start this ride every Sunday.

If anyone wants to come out on Saturday my name is Chris and we can ride together that way you are not in the faster group (they do mid 20s and 40 miles) to much for me right now.

Hope to see some on Saturday and everyone on Sunday.

Chris
chris25n

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mbbrad4d on Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:21 pm

chris25n wrote:i do the ride on Saturday from Southgate and go with the second or third group once we split at the overpass.
If anyone wants to come out on Saturday my name is Chris and we can ride together that way you are not in the faster group (they do mid 20s and 40 miles) to much for me right now.

Hope to see some on Saturday and everyone on Sunday.

Chris

Look for me tomorrow. I usually start with Kim Garbett, Pat Murphy, Joel, Ted, Tom, Dave Douglas, etc. underneath the Southgate sign. We're the ones who tear off before the overpass or at that Charlie Taylor left/right turn.

I'll also be there with Brian et al. on Sunday, and I'm thinking we'll probably do that course on Sunday as well.
mbbrad4d

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Sunday ride

Post  Brian on Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:47 pm

I will try to make it out. May be a few minutes late, I want to run with LRC at 6am first.
Brian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  monkey on Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:06 am

Sorry I missed the ride this morning, my chain broke on the ride down to southgate.
monkey
Sprint

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mbbrad4d on Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:22 am

Mike told me about your chain! We had a good ride. It was a change of...terrain?? I'm not used to many hills.

Chris...sorry I missed the Saturday ride. I'm a maniac when it comes to wet roads...I'm afraid of slipping, particularly when some of the crazy fast riders take those corners like they're on rails.
mbbrad4d

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  monkey on Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:15 pm

Beth, Did you get to ride your new bike? How did it feel?
monkey
Sprint

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mbbrad4d on Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:53 pm

I'm still waiting for Nashbar to send me my tri-shoes. I had to exchange them, and the cleats for my road bike won't fit for my tri-bike.

So...the answer is...sadly...no. I think I'll have the shoes by tomorrow, so I might skip out of work early to get a quick ride in before the sun goes down.
mbbrad4d

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Sunday Rides

Post  Brian on Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:20 pm

That was a fun ride this morning, thanks for organizing it Brian. I would be open to doing it again next weekend if you do not mind starting a few minutes late again while we wait for the other Brian who was not coming in the first place.
Brian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mbbrad4d on Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:35 pm

I can't do it next weekend...I'll be in Panama City volunteering for the Ironman Florida.

It WAS a great ride...remind me that I need to bring some gels or something--I was hurting and HUNGRY! I guess a Saturday morning Spinning class and leg workout doesn't work well with one of Brian Jones' Sunday rides!

However, my bacon, egg, and cheese on ciabatta bread (courtesy of Panera) was awfully sweet post-ride!
mbbrad4d

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Heartbomb08 on Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:58 pm

I enjoyed this morning too...count me in on future Sundays Brian. With the daylight savings a 7:45ish start might work for the people that do their run first.
Heartbomb08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  chris25n on Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:00 pm

mbbrad4d wrote:Mike told me about your chain! We had a good ride. It was a change of...terrain?? I'm not used to many hills.

Chris...sorry I missed the Saturday ride. I'm a maniac when it comes to wet roads...I'm afraid of slipping, particularly when some of the crazy fast riders take those corners like they're on rails.

It was a good ride on Saturday even with the rain, but there was only 11 people and they were all group A (except me). They did take it easy though since it was raining, no sprint points and we did about the same pace as when we go the other way before the overpass (just a few miles more). I will be there this Saturday so i will meet everyone under the SouthGate sign.

Chris
chris25n

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mbbrad4d on Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:59 am

Unfortunately I'll be missing the next two Saturdays because I'm volunteering for the Ironman in Panama City and the 70.3 in Clearwater.
mbbrad4d

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Heartbomb08 on Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:38 pm

Is anyone riding this Sunday morning (11/2)?
Heartbomb08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

sunday

Post  Brian on Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:46 pm

I plan on doing the same thing this Sunday I did last Sunday. Is anyone doing a group ride on Saturday morning besides the one at Southgate? If so, when and where?
Brian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  chris25n on Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:00 pm

Heartbomb08 wrote:Is anyone riding this Sunday morning (11/2)?

i will be there on Sunday this week, cannot make Saturday, kids have soccer games early.

Chris
chris25n

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Heartbomb08 on Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:39 am

I'll be there Sunday 11/2. 7:30 at Southgate?
Heartbomb08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Future Sunday rides

Post  Brian on Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:40 pm

Three of us showed up at Southgate this morning. We started with the same route that we did last week but before we got to Cleveland Heights we joined a group that starts at 8am in the Yacht Club parking lot. They went about 55 miles at 20mph and will be meeting there every Sunday for the rest of the year and will slowly increase the distance to around 80. Its the same group that does Southgate on Saturday mornings but not as many and not as competitive. I recommend that group for future Sunday rides, I am out of town next weekend but starting the following week I will meet up with them there. Its also a great time to start if you want to do the LRC run at 6am.
Brian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  monkey on Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:36 pm

Brian wrote:Three of us showed up at Southgate this morning. We started with the same route that we did last week but before we got to Cleveland Heights we joined a group that starts at 8am in the Yacht Club parking lot. They went about 55 miles at 20mph and will be meeting there every Sunday for the rest of the year and will slowly increase the distance to around 80. Its the same group that does Southgate on Saturday mornings but not as many and not as competitive. I recommend that group for future Sunday rides, I am out of town next weekend but starting the following week I will meet up with them there. Its also a great time to start if you want to do the LRC run at 6am.

I think upping the ride to 55 to 80 miles eliminates a lot of the meer mortals that would want to go out for a nice workout that doesn't last all day. Now that I am back to working out I will start participating with the Sunday rides, but don't have that much of an intrest in an 80 mile ride right now.
monkey
Sprint

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rundmd on Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:39 pm

I talked to Kurt, one of the guys you rode with. They were thrilled you all joined them. I may try to make it
sunday depending on family stuff. Anyway, they invited anyone from the group to join them. They are roadies and normally race crit so they are fast dudes but they said they are keeping a modest pace of 20ish - not too bad!
rundmd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Heartbomb08 on Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:36 pm

I'm thinking about going back out with this group Sunday morning. They were great! I didn't expect to do 60 miles when we started from Southgate, and frankly, didn't know they were going that far when we hooked up with them. It was a great challenge and I want to do it again.
Heartbomb08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  monkey on Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:56 am

Still planning on riding this Sunday 11/9? What time do you meet?
monkey
Sprint

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Brian on Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:27 pm

I am out of town this weekend and will be at Lake Hollingsworth next Sunday 8am for a ride.
Brian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next