Lakeland Landsharks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Long Leaf International Distance--yay first place age group!

4 posters

Go down

Long Leaf International Distance--yay first place age group! Empty Long Leaf International Distance--yay first place age group!

Post  mbbrad4d Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:04 pm

I really liked this triathlon. It wasn't a big one, but it was pretty well-organized. The downtown area where the post-race party was held was kinda cute.

The water was blissfully warm despite the 58 degree temps at the start! Egads. This tri has the sprint and International races the same day, so the sprint peeps only do one loop around the lake, but the International peeps do one loop, emerge from the water, circle a buoy, then get back in for another loop. It was kinda hard to see the buoys in the water on the way out because the sun was coming up over the water.

The bike course was GREAT--you went through this park, then went parallel to Suncoast Parkway. I was a little scattered because my cyclometer wasn't reading, so I couldn't gauge my biking distance. My feet were freezing, though, because it was still a little chilly.

My shin and my calf cramped up at the beginning of the run, so I had to take it easy because I thought I'd rip my Achilles (again). The cramp went away at the 2.5 mile mark, so I started cooking. The last 3.5 miles were significantly faster (I was doing negative splits after the 3-mile mark) because I felt really good.

So...I got first place in my age group...sixth overall among the chicks. Here are my stats:

46 123 Beth Bradford 39 Lakeland FL 2:32:42 1 31:04 3:35 2 1:08:51 3 49:14

Now I'm going to treat myself to a nice new tri-bike!
mbbrad4d
mbbrad4d

Back to top Go down

Long Leaf International Distance--yay first place age group! Empty Re: Long Leaf International Distance--yay first place age group!

Post  BB Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:22 pm

Awesome race! Congrats!

BB

Back to top Go down

Long Leaf International Distance--yay first place age group! Empty Re: Long Leaf International Distance--yay first place age group!

Post  monkey Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:37 pm

Wow!!! Great race. Congrats!! What kind of bike are you gonna get?
monkey
monkey
Sprint

Back to top Go down

Post  mbbrad4d Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:57 pm

Just bought it today. I bought a Cervelo P2 carbon. Sweet bike, but I can't ride it until my new tri-shoes come back (the guy fitted me with my road shoes and put my old cleats back on, and I have different pedals for my Cervelo).

I bought the bike from Outspokin in Largo. GREAT SHOP! They have a great presence on the 'net, but their store is UNBELIEVABLE!
mbbrad4d
mbbrad4d

Back to top Go down

Post  monkey Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:14 pm

Congrats! I bet your excited. Such a tease to have it and not be able to ride it.
monkey
monkey
Sprint

Back to top Go down

Post  Toe jam on crusty feet Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:33 pm

Wow!!!! YOu rocked it, Beth!!!!!!!! And big congrats on the new ride......... so.jealous!
Toe jam on crusty feet
Toe jam on crusty feet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down