SUNDAY RIDE IN CLERMONT

Go down

SUNDAY RIDE IN CLERMONT

Post  rundmd on Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:53 pm

Good Afternoon Everyone,
I just want to get a feel for our ride this Sunday the 19th in Clermont. How many of you plan on going and would you rather do a 25mile Olympic course that is challenging but does not include sugarloaf or buckhill. Or a 40 mile course that does include sugarloaf and buckhill. Personally it doesnt make any difference to me. Just an FYI this will be a no drop ride and we will definitely stop a few times to make sure everyone is well hydrated and feeling good. Both courses are hilly, obviously the 40 is more challenging with long climbs however, the 25 has more short steep climbs. Either way we will take our time so no need to feel rushed or intimidated so please join in.

We are starting at 730am. I have gotten a few emails from people that say this is too early and i apologize but we are not going to push it back. It is still warm so an early start is necessary, it also allows us to miss most of the church traffic around the lake and traffic from the downtown farmers market.

If you know where waterfront park is (it is where all the sommersports races go out of) feel free to meet us there ready to roll at 730a. If you don't know your way we will be leaving the van fleet trail head in polk city right off sr 33 at 645am sharp. there is a short cut from 33 into Clermont that will take approx. a half hour.

Bring extra water for after your ride and nutrition. i will have bars and gu and extra water if anybody forgets.

So, do me a favor and respond to the thread and let me know if you are a "no" or a "go" for sunday.

See you all THIS THURSDAY - haha (sorry about the confusing email last week....cypress gardens tri planning was stressing me out!) at Winghouse....around 6ish.

peace
Dawn
rundmd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Clermont ride

Post  chris25n on Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:59 pm

i am new to this site and cannot go this weekend, but please post the next time there is a group going to Clermont...Sunday's are the best for me.

Thanks
Chris
chris25n

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Clermont rides

Post  Brian on Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:00 pm

I cant make it Sunday. Are there any set weekly group rides, runs, or swims besides the one at the Y either in Clermont or around town?
Brian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SUNDAY RIDE IN CLERMONT

Post  monkey on Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:54 pm

Brian wrote:I cant make it Sunday. Are there any set weekly group rides, runs, or swims besides the one at the Y either in Clermont or around town?

Group Runs
Thursdays (starting July 31st) HILLS!!
We will post the route soon but this is the same hill workout that the runners club does every week.

Saturdays (starting August 2nd) LONG RUN
We will meet at Lake Hollingsworth at 6am for a long run ranging from 8-14 miles. We will provide a map with drop off points. Basically this way you can run with the group as far as you need to if you are still building your mileage. If you are just starting out and want to meet to do laps around the lake that works too! Each month we will have a different route so you don't get bored running the same route over and over.

Group Rides
Sundays (starting August 3rd) group ride
We will start our group rides fairly low key with a trail ride. We will do our first ride at Van Fleet Trail out of Polk City. You can ride 20, 40 or the full 60. The trail is flat out and back so we will not have an A,B,C group. The trail does not have any water and only 2 rest stops, one at the 10mile point and one at the 30. Otherwise please be prepared with water and spare tubes etc.

I'm not too sure how many people show up to the group rides at the Van Fleet trail. I also know there is a group ride that meets at the PCC trail head on Thursday @ 6-6:15 to ride the Ft. Frazier trail.

There is a social at Grillsmiths 6 pm tonight to meet the group if you like.
monkey
Sprint

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Sunday 10/19

Post  chris25n on Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:15 pm

what time and what trail will the group be doing on Sunday. I live in North Lakeland and can be in Polk City in a few mintues. Would like to ride with some people if possible. If not i leave from my house (Lake Deeson) and go out 33 to Mount Olive road to Berkely then to Polk City and 33 and then head back home, it is about 21 miles with two over passes.

I usually go with the bike group (i ride in the slower group) from Southgate Publix on Saturdays but cannot because my kids are in soccer and this weekend is early games.

Would appreciate a list of times and places for rides...

thanks in advance.

Chris
chris25n

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  monkey on Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:01 pm

I think if there is a group, they meet at 7. I haven't been on a ride at Van Fleet for a while, so I'm not too sure of it' s participation. If you want to run, on Sunday, the Y group meets at the downtown Y on Sundays at 2:30, it will be a 2-3 mile run with a gym work afterwards. You don't have to be a member, to participate and if you want to join it costs $15 a month. You can pm Toe Jam on Crusty feet for more details, she's the coach/advisor for the Y Tri club
monkey
Sprint

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Toe jam on crusty feet on Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:48 pm

chris25n wrote:what time and what trail will the group be doing on Sunday. I live in North Lakeland and can be in Polk City in a few mintues. Would like to ride with some people if possible. If not i leave from my house (Lake Deeson) and go out 33 to Mount Olive road to Berkely then to Polk City and 33 and then head back home, it is about 21 miles with two over passes.

I usually go with the bike group (i ride in the slower group) from Southgate Publix on Saturdays but cannot because my kids are in soccer and this weekend is early games.

Would appreciate a list of times and places for rides...

thanks in advance.

Chris
This week is a scheduled "away" ride. Dawn Decaminada usually heads up the rides on Sundays at Van Fleet and then once a month we ride out of town. The next out of town ride will be the Clermont Horrible One Hundred. It has a 30, 70, and 100 mile course and is technically a race. So there is a fee.
Toe jam on crusty feet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rundmd on Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:16 pm

hey guys,
i will still probalby ride out in Clermont on Sunday. If anybody wants to ride shoot me an email at trilandsharks@gmail.com

dawn
rundmd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down