complete begineer

Go down

complete begineer Empty complete begineer

Post  michlong on Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:29 am

Hey All,

wasn't sure where to post for newbie's and i don't jsut mean to the site i am talking triathlon, well exercise generally. having decided its time to try and get fit and wanting to do something that involved biking, thought why not tri tri.

i would like to start on the biking i guess, since at least i have a bike.

any suggestions would be great.

thanks

Mike

michlong

View user profile

Back to top Go down

complete begineer Empty Re: complete begineer

Post  monkey on Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:51 am

Welcome Mike,

Have you started riding yet? There are 2 different places to ride with the group. Van Fleet Trail in Polk City on Sundays @ 7am the group meets, Thursday @ 6-6:15ish pm on Ft Frazier Trail the group also meets. Lake Hollingsworth is also a great place to meet. There are also a number of group rides that meet up around the area.

I get my workouts through a website called beginnertriathlete.com I like the website alot. It has programs from couch to 5k or couch to sprint triathlon, whatever your interest is. I like the website a lot and it also has a forum with a pretty active group of posters.

There is also a group that meets up at the Y in Lakeland. Becca posts workouts weekly and we meet up 2 times a week to do work outs together. Hope that helps and if your interested more in any or all of these let me know.
monkey
monkey
Sprint

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Heartbomb08 on Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:09 pm

Welcome Mike! I think you will do just fine here with the Landsharks. Our members' abilities span from just beginning (like you and me) to full distance Iron Man participants...

Come join us at Van Fleet this Sunday morning, or at the YMCA on Cleveland Heights at 2:30 Sunday afternoon. We're doing a swim/bike 'brick'...But Toe Jam can explain more!

See you out there!
Heartbomb08
Heartbomb08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Toe jam on crusty feet on Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:01 pm

You guys are awesome! Mike, I sent you a private message about YTri! Also, there is a thread in the Training Calendar about it with info! Hope you come play triathlon with us!
Toe jam on crusty feet
Toe jam on crusty feet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down