To Short or not to short

Go down

To Short or not to short

Post  Heartbomb08 on Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:50 am

Does anyone have any suggestions about clothing? I'm not sure what I should be considering when it comes to shorts, shirts, socks...All of it. I've been thinking I want to get some Tri-shorts, but I was wondering if anyone had any feedback on these. Any good products out there? Any products to avoid???
Heartbomb08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: To Short or not to short

Post  Chopper Reid on Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:55 am

Definitely pick up a pair of tri shorts. Not sure what FitNiche is carrying right now, but I bought a pair of TYR tri shorts there that I train and race in. You'll get plenty of use out of them. I bought a tri shirt there too when they were supposedly making shirts mandatory but they dropped that idea, and I haven't found a top yet that I'd want to wear during the swim so I still race without a shirt. FitNiche would be your best bet around here.
Chopper Reid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Snooze on Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:27 pm

I just broke down and bought a tri top to go with my tri shorts. It just makes sense to have them. I got my top at Fitniche, but if you know what you want, there's always www.sportsbasement.com to check out. It's got some nice discounts sometimes.

Snooze

View user profile

Back to top Go down

tri clothing

Post  mbbrad4d on Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:49 am

I guess I'm old school, but I have two great tri bikinis that I love. I know I'll have to break down and get tri shorts and tops if I want to do a half-Ironman, but my tri-kinis work fine for the Sprint and Olympic distances. I just feel really confined wearing bike shorts--I feel like I'm wearing control top panty hose! Mad

Of course, since you're a guy, then a tri-kini wouldn't be a very good idea...

Just make sure the shorts aren't see-through. I did a triathlon a few weeks ago and had to run behind a guy with see-through shorts.
mbbrad4d

View user profile

Back to top Go down

See through!!?

Post  Heartbomb08 on Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:31 am

So I guess there are a few ways to respond to a see through tri-short...Slow down, speed up, or (in some cases) stay right where you are. Which did you do? I looked at Tri-kinis but couldn't find my size??
Heartbomb08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

see thru shorts

Post  mbbrad4d on Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:11 am

I couldn't speed up...legs were toasted from the bike ride. I couldn't help but stare at the mole on his hip. At least he wasn't wearing a Speedo banana hammock!
mbbrad4d

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  monkey on Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:07 pm

mbbrad4d wrote:IOf course, since you're a guy, then a tri-kini wouldn't be a very good idea...

You could always try the Mankini like Borat. People will get out of your way for that.

http://www.gadgetshop.com/media/gadgetshop/products/ProductGalleryImage1/322586.jpg
monkey
Sprint

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Mankini

Post  Heartbomb08 on Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:27 pm

Where would I put all my sponsor logos?? The tri-shorts at FitNiche are so...ahhh...minimal. I think I'll try online. Any particular brand names that has worked for everyone?
Heartbomb08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  monkey on Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:08 pm

Heartbomb08 wrote:Where would I put all my sponsor logos?? The tri-shorts at FitNiche are so...ahhh...minimal. I think I'll try online. Any particular brand names that has worked for everyone?

Go hardcore, get them tattooed. I like zoot for tri clothing, but there are a bunch of different brands. check out the links on beginnertriathlete, you can get discounts by being a member. I also like pearl izumi for bike shorts and bibs. Most tri clothing is going to be skin tight and minimal, but don't worry everyone else does it.
monkey
Sprint

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Tatoo

Post  Heartbomb08 on Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:03 am

Yeah sure but then the next thing you know is some girl is going on her Tri group blog telling all of those people that she was behind me in some race and bla bla bla...
Heartbomb08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Mankini

Post  Chopper Reid on Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:45 pm

FLMonkey, I almost used the Borat Mankini pic as my avatar....but I wasn't sure if that would be prudent!
Chopper Reid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Toe jam on crusty feet on Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:47 pm

Heartbomb08 wrote:Where would I put all my sponsor logos?? The tri-shorts at FitNiche are so...ahhh...minimal. I think I'll try online. Any particular brand names that has worked for everyone?
I have brooks tri shorts and LOVE them!!! Rich can order them for you, if you ask...
Toe jam on crusty feet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Heartbomb08 on Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:37 pm

who is rich? I want some!
Heartbomb08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  monkey on Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:44 pm

Heartbomb08 wrote:who is rich? I want some!

Rich is the owner of Fit Niche.
monkey
Sprint

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down