Speaking of rides...

Go down

Speaking of rides...

Post  Admin on Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:10 am

Every Thursday at 6:15, a few of us meet at Ft Fraser Trail for a evening ride. I am planning on doing the trail twice tomorrow, but sometimes people ride it once and then do a couple mile run. Anyways, the invitation is open to everyone.

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://lakelandtri.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Speaking of rides...

Post  rundmd on Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:24 am

Im in! I was actually going to see if anybody wanted to ride tomorrow after work so this works well. I will probably get there around 5:30p and try to get in a couple hour ride and then run.
rundmd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Snooze on Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:40 am

Im gonna try to get out there this afternoon. Let me know if anyone is interested, as I will be able to go anytime between 4:30ish-6:15 to start.

Snooze

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Sunday at Van Fleet

Post  Heartbomb08 on Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:37 am

Enjoyed the ride Sunday! Not sure if I was ready for 40 miles but I made it home. Looking forward to more!
Heartbomb08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lolaride on Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:15 am

I enjoyed the ride on Sunday, too. I got my clipless pedals and can't wait to take them out on a long ride. I'm still tooling around the neighborhood trying to get used to them!
lolaride

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rundmd on Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:35 am

lolaride wrote:I enjoyed the ride on Sunday, too. I got my clipless pedals and can't wait to take them out on a long ride. I'm still tooling around the neighborhood trying to get used to them!

awesome, you will definitely notice a difference. You are official now - only the cool people have clipless pedals!!!
rundmd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  monkey on Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:53 am

lolaride wrote:I enjoyed the ride on Sunday, too. I got my clipless pedals and can't wait to take them out on a long ride. I'm still tooling around the neighborhood trying to get used to them!

I don't know if your experienced with clipless pedals, but you may want to have them loose when you first start off. Also anticipate your stops, in other words, unclip before you come to a stop sign or stopping situation, and don' t stop on a hill without being in a high spinning gear, it's tough to clip in and push a low gear. Nothing worse than a 1mph crash/tipover. Have fun and enjoy the new life of not being a masher.
monkey
Sprint

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rundmd on Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:35 am

flmonkey wrote:

I don't know if your experienced with clipless pedals, but you may want to have them loose when you first start off. Also anticipate your stops, in other words, unclip before you come to a stop sign or stopping situation, and don' t stop on a hill without being in a high spinning gear, it's tough to clip in and push a low gear. Nothing worse than a 1mph crash/tipover. Have fun and enjoy the new life of not being a masher.

falling over at 1mph is a right of passage - you have to do it.... Very Happy
i did it at a stop light one time and unclipped to the left and then leaned over to the right. I guess i thought i unclipped my other foot...i felt so stupid. the people in the car next to me rolled down the window laughing, asking if i was ok.
rundmd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  monkey on Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:48 am

And if you fall, tuck into a ball. I had a friend that just recently dis-located her elbow falling wrong. Sad It is indeed a right of passage, and we all have done it, but you may want to practice on a trainer or in the grass first.
monkey
Sprint

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Snooze on Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:37 pm

ironmanx2 wrote:
falling over at 1mph is a right of passage - you have to do it.... Very Happy
i did it at a stop light one time and unclipped to the left and then leaned over to the right. I guess i thought i unclipped my other foot...i felt so stupid. the people in the car next to me rolled down the window laughing, asking if i was ok.

This is exactly how I did it, 'cept I was in front of my driveway, far away from any witnesses.

Snooze

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  monkey on Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:45 pm

Mine was on Success after a 2 hours ride. I thought my back tire was going flat, so I stopped mid hill in the large ring. When I went to clip in, I didn't have the power in my legs to push the crank. I clipped in, but took the tumble mid hill. I have since learned my lesson, and if I do stop mid hill, I change gears before getting back on. Idea
monkey
Sprint

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Heartbomb08 on Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:49 pm

I haven't had a fall yet. Only been a month though. I'm sure it will be in front of the whole world. I almost did the right unclip/left dismount move right in front of the YMCA. Caught it in time though.
Heartbomb08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down