Lakeland Landsharks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alternative to the Southgate Saturday Ride

5 posters

Go down

Alternative to the Southgate Saturday Ride Empty Alternative to the Southgate Saturday Ride

Post  monkey Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:49 pm

Anyone interested in starting a ride as an alternative to the Southgate Saturday Ride?
monkey
monkey
Sprint

Back to top Go down

Alternative to the Southgate Saturday Ride Empty Re: Alternative to the Southgate Saturday Ride

Post  triguynewbie Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:23 pm

I would love to get a group together for Sats
triguynewbie
triguynewbie

Back to top Go down

Alternative to the Southgate Saturday Ride Empty Re: Alternative to the Southgate Saturday Ride

Post  Toe jam on crusty feet Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:42 pm

triguynewbie wrote:I would love to get a group together for Sats

off-topic, but I love your avatar pic!!!!

I might think about coming sometimes. I usually long RUN on Saturday and long RIDE on Sundays...
Toe jam on crusty feet
Toe jam on crusty feet

Back to top Go down

Post  monkey Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:32 pm

If there is an alternative route to the frazier trail, I'd be willing to try it out. I'm flexible with time but would prefer mornings because there is less traffic. Triguy is there a route in Bartow that you ride regularly?
monkey
monkey
Sprint

Back to top Go down

Post  Chopper Reid Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:04 am

I'm up for Saturday morning rides. I swim on Saturday mornings when I can but I'd definitely be interested in something like that. I currently do all of my riding on a trainer or stationary bike.
Chopper Reid
Chopper Reid

Back to top Go down

Post  Toe jam on crusty feet Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:43 pm

Float Hammer Jog wrote:I'm up for Saturday morning rides. I swim on Saturday mornings when I can but I'd definitely be interested in something like that. I currently do all of my riding on a trainer or stationary bike.
Dude! I rode an hour on the trainer tuesday.... how do people do that for very long?!?!? Outside is so much better, but then again, I'm a bit of a whiner Smile
Toe jam on crusty feet
Toe jam on crusty feet

Back to top Go down

Post  monkey Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:46 pm

Toe jam on crusty feet wrote:
Float Hammer Jog wrote:I'm up for Saturday morning rides. I swim on Saturday mornings when I can but I'd definitely be interested in something like that. I currently do all of my riding on a trainer or stationary bike.
Dude! I rode an hour on the trainer tuesday.... how do people do that for very long?!?!? Outside is so much better, but then again, I'm a bit of a whiner Smile

Not to mention the large puddle of sweat under you afterwards. I know I couldn't do the trainer indoors, unless I was on a giant sponge.
monkey
monkey
Sprint

Back to top Go down

Post  Chopper Reid Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:25 pm

Yeah, I know! I throw a big towel under the bike to try and catch most of it. I kind of like the trainer. I put it right in front of the tv and go. An hour seems to be my threshhold though. Not exactly ironman type training.
Chopper Reid
Chopper Reid

Back to top Go down

Post  lakeliine Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:32 pm

Anyone interested in riding the Polk City Trail tommorow morning? Sat?

I will be there around 630 ish.....I also am the big Italian guy on a red Giant if you see me at the lake or on Fraiser. I ride in a Police cut-off t-shirt (not for cool points, but for the "HEY PLEASE DON'T RUN ME OVER" that the word POLICE seems to scream. Point being, say hi.
lakeliine
lakeliine

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down