Florida's Great Escape Triathlon

Go down

Florida's Great Escape Triathlon

Post  mbbrad4d on Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:03 pm

I liked this triathlon even though it's in February. I didn't swim a single stroke in preparation for this one, and usually I do the best on the swim. What's cool about this tri is that it's small--only 200 athletes were there--and there are a bunch of world championship elites competing with you.

This was my first tri with a wetsuit AND my new tri bike, so I was anxious to see if my times would improve with my new equipment.

I placed second in my age group, which qualified me for the Escape From Alcatraz triathlon. However, I won't be able to compete in that one because I'll be in England the month before and I won't be doing any training there.

Here are my times:

PLACE O'ALL NO. NAME AGE CITY,ST RANK SWIM RATE TRANS RANK BIKE MPH TRANS RANK RUN PACE TIME
===== ===== ===== ======================= === ================= ==== ======= ==== ===== ==== ======= =====
2 81 538 Beth Bradford 40 Lakeland FL 3 27:32 2.2 3:25 1 49:02 22.0 1:24 3 39:35 7:55 2:00:56

mbbrad4d

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Florida's Great Escape Triathlon

Post  rundmd on Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:07 am

congrats girl! you should have an awesome season if you are racing this well so early!
rundmd

View user profile

Back to top Go down